HOW DO COSMETIC INJECTABLES WORK? WHAT DO THEY TREAT?
Also referred to as dermal fillers, cosmetic injectables are among the most popular and least invasive cosmetic treatments. Injectables typically contain hyaluronic acid, which is also found within the body. When injected, dermal fillers promote collagen’s natural production to give your skin a more youthful appearance. Injectables are used to diminish the appearance of crow’s feet, frown or worry lines, Enhance lips and parentheses or marionette lines around the mouth, nose, and chin. Treatment sessions take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour, if numbing is needed each, making them perfect for a lunchtime appointment. Ideal for men and women of all ages, little to no downtime after treatments also makes them quite popular.
WHEN WILL I SEE RESULTS, AND HOW LONG WILL THEY LAST?
Results will vary, but many patients notice a difference in their appearance within a few days. Results usually last anywhere from three months to two years, depending on the type used. For more long-term satisfaction, you may wish to make getting cosmetic injections part of your regular beauty regimen. Patients may experience minor side effects, such as bruising, swelling, lumps/bumps, or redness, so be sure to schedule your appointment at least two days before any significant events for the best results.
HOW MANY INJECTABLE SESSIONS ARE USUALLY RECOMMENDED?
The number of recommended treatment sessions will vary by patient and type of cosmetic injection. We’ll go over your personalized treatment plan during your initial consultation to ensure optimal results. Every case is different but be aware that multiple treatment sessions are sometimes necessary to achieve desirable results.
HOW DO I DETERMINE WHICH COSMETIC INJECTABLE IS BEST FOR ME?
During your initial cosmetic consultation, we’ll go over your aesthetic goals to determine which cosmetic injectable(s) would best meet your needs. Many patients bring in photos of themselves when they were younger or celebrity photos to give us an idea about their expectations. Our local cosmetic dermatology clinics offer several of the most popular cosmetic injectables, including the following:
- BOTOX®– BOTOX® is an FDA-approved cosmetic treatment to minimize moderate to severe frown lines, laugh lines, and crow’s feet. It works by using botulinum toxin type A to relax the facial muscles and soften wrinkles. BOTOX® is used around the eyes, mouth, and forehead.
- Juvéderm®– Juvéderm® is a gel filler used to smooth away wrinkles around your nose and mouth, with natural-looking results that may last up to a year. Patient comfort during the procedure is ensured through lidocaine. Get younger-looking skin with ongoing treatments.
- Juvéderm® Volbella® XC– Juvéderm® Volbella® XC can increase lip fullness and soften the appearance of lines around the mouth. Enjoy natural-looking plumpness and hydration, with long-lasting results up to a year.
- Juvéderm® Vollure® XC– Juvéderm® Vollure® XC is an FDA-approved injection used to add volume to reduce the appearance of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds. Natural-looking results may last up to 18 months.
- Juvéderm® Voluma® XC– Juvéderm® Voluma® XC is an FDA-approved non-surgical dermal filler used to correct age-related volume loss in the cheeks. Collagen loss is a normal part of the aging process. Turn back the clock with natural-looking results that may last up to two years.
- Xeomin® – Xeomin® is a prescription medication used to improve the appearance of moderate to severe frown lines between your eyebrows. Typically injected intramuscularly, Xeomin® acts on your muscle nerve endings to prevent contracting muscle fibers. Results last 3-6 months.
- Aesthetic Neurotoxins–Valor Medical utilizes various types of neurotoxins to combat the effects of skin aging. Reveal firm, smooth, younger-looking skin with fewer frown lines, worry lines, or crow’s feet. Neurotoxins we offer include Dysport®, BOTOX®, and Jeuveau®.
CAN COSMETIC INJECTABLE TREATMENTS BE COMBINED OR REPEATED?
Yes. We often recommend combining dermal fillers with neurotoxins to achieve optimal, long-lasting results, depending on your overall aesthetic goals. All treatment plans at Valor Medical are customized for each patient to ensure safety and satisfaction. Each dermal filler and neurotoxin we offer has unique benefits, and sometimes, combining them can enhance your results. It is sometimes necessary to repeat treatments as part of your ongoing beauty regimen. It can be challenging knowing which treatments are right for your specific skin issues, but our friendly experienced providers are here to help. We would be happy to devise the best treatment plan for you during your initial consultation.
HOW SAFE ARE COSMETIC INJECTABLES? ARE ANY FDA-APPROVED?
When administered properly by a trained professional, cosmetic injectables are deemed safe for adult patients over the age of 18. All of the treatments offered at Tru-Skin Dermatology have been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), including BOTOX®, Jeuveau®, Xeomin®, and Juvéderm® XC. We’re dedicated to helping our patients achieve healthy, beautiful skin with natural-looking results. Risks are minimal with cosmetic injections. Always consult your primary physician before seeking any form of medical or cosmetic treatment.
DO COSMETIC INJECTIONS HURT? WILL THERE BE ANY SIDE EFFECTS?
Patient comfort is our top priority at Valor Medical. We’re here to alleviate your fears and minimize the possibility of pain during your procedures at our dermatology clinics. Don’t let a fear of needles hold you back from reversing the effects of aging on your skin. Patient discomfort during cosmetic injections is minimal, thanks to lidocaine and other topical anesthetics. Common side effects reported by patients include swelling, bruising, redness, pain, or itching. Site infection or changes in skin pigmentation or vascular occlusion are very rare, but possible side effects.
ARE COSMETIC INJECTABLES REVERSIBLE IF I’M UNHAPPY WITH RESULTS?
The answer to this largely depends on the type of cosmetic injectable. Some produce temporary results and require additional treatments to keep up the results, while others produce more long-lasting or permanent effects. If temporary, undesirable effects may wear off naturally within a few months. Some cosmetic injections using hyaluronic acid are reversible if you’re ever dissatisfied with the results. Consult one of our providers for further information about our treatments and pricing.
WHO MAKES AN IDEAL CANDIDATE FOR COSMETIC INJECTABLES?
Cosmetic injectables are suitable for healthy men and women over the age of 18 who are looking for non-invasive cosmetic treatments. Ideal candidates also don’t smoke and have realistic aesthetic goals in mind. Cosmetic injectables are used to reverse wrinkles, fine lines, and age spots or to enhance facial volume in the lips, cheeks, or around your eyes. Schedule your appointment to discuss the pros and cons with one of our friendly providers.